PSD display error & wavelet decomposition

About Brain Computer Interfaces, EEG, neurofeedback, related event announcements, jobs, etc.
adeel

PSD display error & wavelet decomposition

Post by adeel »

Dear all,
I am using power spectrum display for the analysis of alpha and beta rhythm .Instead of using filters power spectrum will display the strength of whole signal e.g.if i display for only alpha it will display other rhythm as well .Please help me in this regard .
Thanks
Adeel

jtlindgren

Re: PSD display error

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello Adeel,

you can double click on the box to select the range of frequencies to display. I'm afraid the box is rather limited in its capabilities. What exactly would you like it to do?

Cheers,
Jussi

adeel

Post by adeel »

Dear jtlindgren,
Thanks for the fast reply .I am using DWT as a frequency classifier .I want to display the power spectrum of all the frequency band .For that I want to apply fft spectrum at each coefficient of the wavelet to find the power of the specific band.
Thanks
Adeel

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

This should be doable by carefully inspecting and then combining the 'wavelet-decomposition' and 'power spectrum' tutorials. The scenarios are in box-tutorials/ folder.

Is there some problem with doing that?

Cheers,
Jussi

adeel

Post by adeel »

Dear jtlindgren ,
This scenario i am applying at every decomposition level of a dwt to find the spectral power of the signal .
spectral analysis - squaring it -spectrum average -csv (process in Matlab for the computation of statistical values) .Is it the correct sequence ?
Thanks
Adeel
Attachments
ps.png
ps.png (10.18 KiB) Viewed 10649 times

adeel

power spectral of eeg band

Post by adeel »

Dear jtlindgren ,
This scenario i am applying at every decomposition level of a dwt to find the spectral power of the signal .
spectral analysis - squaring it -spectrum average -csv (process in Matlab for the computation of statistical values) .Is it the correct sequence ?
Thanks
Adeel