Epoc Simulink EEG Importer+Real-time+Sliding window

About Brain Computer Interfaces, EEG, neurofeedback, related event announcements, jobs, etc.
smr.shahshahani

Epoc Simulink EEG Importer+Real-time+Sliding window

Post by smr.shahshahani »

Dear community

I'm using the Emotiv EPOC (research sdk) with EPOC Simulink EEG Importer software..
I want to acquire the EEG signals and import them to simulink using the software and do all my signal processing in Simulink, too.

As far as I know the first step in real-time signal processing is time-based windowing of the streaming signal. In most cases the last 1 second of the signal is considered with a percentage of overlap (e.g. 25%).

In the case of Emotiv, the 1 second window would be 128 samples with overlap of 32 samples.

In order to implement this, the only method I know is using the buffer block and setting the parameters.

Unfortunately running the model with such buffer results in the following error

"All sample times must be discrete. No continuous or constant sample times are allowed. "

I've configurered the simulation paramteres as this
fixed step of 1/128
solver: discrete

Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

Regards,
Reza

smr.shahshahani

Re: Epoc Simulink EEG Importer+Real-time+Sliding window

Post by smr.shahshahani »

Any responses to this? :shock: :?:

jtlindgren

Re: Epoc Simulink EEG Importer+Real-time+Sliding window

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Reza,

if I understand correctly, your question is related to emotiv and simulink and not to openvibe. Perhaps it would be fruitful to ask in some simulink community? I'm not sure we have many simulink users here.

Best,
Jussi