electrodes used in tie fighter/handball/museum demos

About Brain Computer Interfaces, EEG, neurofeedback, related event announcements, jobs, etc.
VAL

Post by VAL »

Please,

can any tell me the placement and connections of electrodes in the above applications e.g. if main contact is say cz then what is the ground/bias/reference? Doesn't seem very clear in documentation.

VAL

fabien.lotte

Re: electrodes used in tie fighter/handball/museum demos

Post by fabien.lotte »

Hello,

For the Tie-Fighter application, the electrodes used are indeed just Cz, or a Laplacian over Cz (i.e., FCz, C1, Cz, C2, CPz). The reference is not that important (especially if you use a laplacian over Cz, in which case the reference does not matter at all). When using just Cz, we used either a nose reference or a ear reference. I would recommend using a Laplacian over Cz though, it gives much better performances.

For the handball application, you need to have at least C3 and C4. It will work better if you have a Laplacian over C3 and C4, and usually even better if you have even more electrodes and use a CSP spatial filter (cf. motor-imagery-CSP scenarios). If you use a spatial filter (Laplacian or CSP), the reference does not matter at all.

For the museum, application, you need at least C3, Cz and C4, and, here as well, if you use Laplacian filters over these channels, or even more channels with the CSP it will work even better.

I hope this helps,

Best regards,
Fabien