Where can I find hardwares to deal with Open-VIBE

About Brain Computer Interfaces, EEG, neurofeedback, related event announcements, jobs, etc.
riless

Where can I find hardwares to deal with Open-VIBE

Post by riless »

I am a computer science student, and I am from Algeria (sorry about my BAD english). I'm so interested in the brain-machine interface and the OpenVIBE project that I would make it my dissertation study theme.

I just wanna make a very very simple application that is brain-controled, In this context, I wondered if it was possible for me (as a student) to get a similar material to the presentation of Open-VIBE ...

could you advise me on what model I could use for this purpose (especially concerning the prices).

Thank you.

lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: Where can I find hardwares to deal with Open-VIBE

Post by lbonnet »

Hi !

I suppose you will find many other topics on the forum and elsewhere with opinions and interesting information.
Just few words about the image you posted.
This shows a g.Tec g.USBAmp, medical grade device (price order : €20k), an Emotiv EPOC ($750 for research edition), a Neurosky headset ($100).
In a general manner, medical grade devices are expensive but provides precision and high-quality signal.
Neurosky is very cheap but has only 1 channel, insufficient for common BCI purpose.
Emotiv EPOC has a very good price/quality ratio.

My 2 cents..

Laurent-
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !