neurosky mindwave mobile for neurofeedback

About Brain Computer Interfaces, EEG, neurofeedback, related event announcements, jobs, etc.
dzyk

neurosky mindwave mobile for neurofeedback

Post by dzyk »

I plan to do biofeedback with addicts. Whether it is suitable device neurosky mindwave mobile for biofeedback? Whether better use olimex EEG-SMT?

jlegeny

Re: neurosky mindwave mobile for neurofeedback

Post by jlegeny »

Hello dzyk,

depending on the biofeedback you wish to do these EEG sets might or might not be suitable. Bear in mind that the Neurosky headset has only a single electrode on the front. This area often produces EEG signal with a lot of artifacts due to the eye movement and use of facial muscles. Depending on the biofeedback indicators you want to use an EEG headset with mobile electrodes (not on fixed positions) such as the EEG-SMT (or others) might be more suitable.

Regards
Jozef

dzyk

Post by dzyk »

jlegeny wrote:Hello dzyk,
Bear in mind that the Neurosky headset has only a single electrode on the front. This area often produces EEG signal with a lot of artifacts due to the eye movement and use of facial muscles.
Regards
Jozef
ThinkGearAM chip in neurosky device very sensitive and make Fourier analysis, and blink eye. In hardware it more rapidly then soft after EEG-SMT by olimex

dzyk

Post by dzyk »

i can make alfa-training with mindwave neurosky?

boritta

Post by boritta »

I found a very interesting web site full of articels and videos about neurofeedback therapy:

http://cocukvegenc.com/icerikdetay-132/ ... avisi.html

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

Thanks for the link,
My turkish is a bit rusty I'm afraid ;)
Do they have an english version of this ? I can't find any (didn't try much though...).

Laurent-
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !