BCI results display

About Brain Computer Interfaces, EEG, neurofeedback, related event announcements, jobs, etc.
Lorena

BCI results display

Post by Lorena »

Hello,

I am in the process of designing a motor imagery scenario with openvibe, so I have seen the video tutorial and read some material from the web site. I understand (or at least I think so :) ) how should I do the signal processing, what I still don't see anywhere is how can I design the graphic part of the BCI. This is, the object moving rigth and left (if it were a motor imagery using left and right hand movement, for example). Can that be also done with openvibe or should I use another tool?

Thanks!

Lorena

ddvlamin

Re: BCI results display

Post by ddvlamin »

Hi,

I think for this you just need to add the Graz visualisation box to the scenario

Dieter

Lorena

Post by Lorena »

Hi Dieter,

I have seen the Graz visualization box, I wonder if there is some other way of visualization available in openvibe.

Thanks!

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

Hi Lorena,

The Graz visualization is a simple yet quite useful tool.
You can also look at the handball scenario. It's a bit old now, but it makes use of the same signal processing scheme.
The online mode can be used with the handball application, a small 3d world were the motor imagery of the hands move the ball on the left or right goal.
You may have to check the difference between the motor-imagery scenarios and the handball one (which is just an offline demo reading data from a file).

If you want to build a more complex visual feedback, you can build your own application. For example using Ogre3D and the examples provided with OpenViBE.
Generally speaking, openvibe can communicate with another application using the VRPN protocol (tutorials hereand here).
Of course, you can also look at the Graz Visualization box implementation and try to modify it. Choose this last solution if you are an experienced programmer, it could be very hard.

Please note that all of these solutions implies programming (in C++).

Hope this helps.
Laurent-
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

Lorena

Post by Lorena »

Thank you Laurent, that's what I wanted to know!

Regards,

Lorena

fabien.lotte

Post by fabien.lotte »

Another alternative is to use one (or several) display cue image box, which can display different images according to which stimulation it receives. So if your feedback is very simple that may be useful and does not require programming. If your feedback is a bit complex though, you will probably have to program in one way or another.

Lorena

Post by Lorena »

Thank you Fabien for your contribution, I will try that alternative and see how it works for us.

Regards,

Lorena

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear Lorena,

have a look to LuaWindow. Using this module, you will be able to script feedback/stimulus from a Lua script, a very easy, synthetic and efficient programming language.

Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Yann

Lorena

Post by Lorena »

Dear Yann,

Thanks for your recommendation, I will study this LuaWindow, I think could be a very useful tool.

Regards,

Lorena