Concurrent EEG-TMS

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
hannahrk

Concurrent EEG-TMS

Post by hannahrk »

Hi,
I will be running a concurrent EEG-TMS study for my MSc Psychology research, and we would like to have online access to the EEG data to do this, and the possibility to send pulses from the parallel port. We use MATLAB for our data processing and triggering TMS. Would OpenViBE be suitable to use for this experiment?
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated,
Hannah :)

jtlindgren

Re: Concurrent EEG-TMS

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi,

it depends on what use you imagine for it. You can acquire EEG data with the OpenViBE acquisition server and then send it to Matlab either from the server directly using labstreaminglayer or routing it via Designer and the Matlab Scripting box. If you wish to align the tms stimulation markers to the EEG, you can send them from Matlab to the Acquisition Server (software tagging using "TCP Tagging") at the same time you send them to the parallel port.

Hope this helps,
Jussi

hannahrk

Re: Concurrent EEG-TMS

Post by hannahrk »

Hi Jussi,

I just wanted to thank you for your response which was really helpful in designing my experiment.

We have now set up the experiment using OpenViBE, and have managed to connect to our EEG and deliver TMS using matlab (via the Designer box).

Thanks once again,
Hannah