Unable to connect to AS's TCP Tagging plugin

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
raigo

Unable to connect to AS's TCP Tagging plugin

Post by raigo »

Hello, I am a newbie and just installed v1.3.0 on Windows. I am trying to get the motor-imagery example running. I was able to run the motor-imagery-bci-2-classifier-trainer.xml ok which created the cfg file. Now I am getting a WARNING with no output when running the motor-imagery-bci-4-replay.xml. Attached is the WARNING message pertaining to the Graz Visualization and TCP tagging. I know the problem is related to the Graz Visualization box because if I replace it with another, I do get some output.

Can someone please help.

[ INF ] Initialization took 7650 ms
[ INF ] Importing scenario...
[ INF ] Adding configuration file(s) [C:/Program Files (x86)/openvibe//share/openvibe/kernel/openvibe-delayed.conf]
[ INF ] Adding configuration file(s) [C:/Users/jraig/AppData/Roaming/openvibe/openvibe-delayed.conf]
[ INF ] Adding configuration file(s) [C:/Program Files (x86)/openvibe/share/openvibe/scenarios/bci-examples/motor-imagery/scenario.conf]
[WARNING] At time 0.000 sec <Box algorithm::(0x00006be7, 0x0000270b) aka Graz visualization> Unable to connect to AS's TCP Tagging plugin, stimuli wont be forwarded.

jtlindgren

Re: Unable to connect to AS's TCP Tagging plugin

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello Raigo,

the Graz visualization box expects to be relaying the stimulations (event markers) after rendering to the Acquisition Server which will then align them to the EEG. In the replay scenario this is not necessary, but the box doesn't know its context so it just prints the warning in any case. However, the visualization should still be working normally (show arrows according to the incoming events etc).

In real use you need to modify the motor imagery scenarios in a way that

1) the acquisition scenario reads from the acquisition client box (acquisition server)
2) the training scenarios read from the file that step 1 recorded
3) the online step reads from the acquisition client box again

For demo reasons some of the scenarios are configured by default to work with pre-recorded files bundled with openvibe.

Btw, here's some documentation about tcp tagging, its a bit technical, sorry for that.

http://openvibe.inria.fr/tcp-tagging/

Cheers,
Jussi

raigo

Re: Unable to connect to AS's TCP Tagging plugin

Post by raigo »

Thank you Jussi!

It worked. Given what you said about ignoring this WARNING for the replay, I tried it again and this time I waited a longer period. After about 42 seconds, the Graz Visualization began rendering! Cool.