Job Offer - Custom app development using OpenVibe

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
Rhtsg

Job Offer - Custom app development using OpenVibe

Post by Rhtsg »

I am interested in getting some custom Neurofeedback app developed using OpenVibe, on a contract basis.

The app should be a simple 3D game like environment - say a racing car running on a road - where the speed of the car increases if a particular EEG feature is detected in EEG data (say activity in a particular frequency band), and the car slows down if the frequency band activity decreases.
The 3D environment could be something like the Tie fighter demo, or at least like the SSVEP based space shooter game.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Last edited by Rhtsg on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

jtlindgren

Re: Custom app development using OpenVibe

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Rhtsg, just to clarify,

1) are you looking for somebody to implement such an app? if thats the case, maybe it'd be a good idea to title the message with 'job offer' or something similar.

or,

2) you're planning to do something like that yourself, but need some help? In this latter case, usually what people would do is to design the BCI/EEG signal processing part with OpenViBE Designer while getting data from the acquisition server, the end-user application itself being outside openvibe (e.g. implemented with unity, unreal, ogre, opengl, or whatever), and decide a communication channel between the two, for example VRPN, LSL or very simple TCP/IP. If an event timeline is needed in your setting, this can be generated by the app and passed to openvibe with the said communication if needed. The openvibe documentation page http://openvibe.inria.fr/documentation-index/ should be of use, especially the section about 'connecting openvibe and other applications'.

Cheers,
Jussi

Rhtsg

Re: Job Offer - Custom app development using OpenVibe

Post by Rhtsg »

Hi Jussi,

Thanks for advice. I have changed the title to job offer, because I am looking for someone to develop it for me.

I suppose someone with knowledge of C++ should be able to do this ?
Some knowledge about those engines would also be helpful ?

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi,

it'll depend with what the app is developed with. Basically I suppose the skill set for the whole project seems the following,

- Openvibe side: requires basic understanding of whats supposed to be happening in the signal processing for the app. If custom signal processing development is needed, additionally C++ would come handy to tinker with the existing boxes and make new ones.

- App side: If the app is developed with Ogre(*), then C++ or python is called for. On the other hand, Unity relies on C# or javascript. Other engines could be considered as well. The main question is can the developer build a communication channel between the app and openvibe. The existing techniques are summarized here,

http://openvibe.inria.fr/overview-sendi ... -openvibe/

+ whatever skill making the app content itself takes :)

*) I'm not recommending Ogre in particular. The historical background is that when the openvibe demos were developed a long time ago, there were very few free or open source 3D game engines available. Currently the situation is very different.

Cheers,
Jussi

Rhtsg

Post by Rhtsg »

Hi Jussi,

Since I am not from a programming background, this really helps to understand the different components and competencies required.

thanks a lot ! :)