OpenVibe and a tDCS stimulator

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
adrianbg

OpenVibe and a tDCS stimulator

Post by adrianbg »

I am trying to use the StarStim from Neurolectrics. This helmet is a Bluetooth multichannel transcranial current stimulator (including tDCS, tACS and tRNS) and an EEG. They have their own program to use it, NIC. This program is a stimulation controller and a viewer data, but it cannot analyse the signal.

This is why I am using the openVibe, I use the BCI-example to check if the user moves his hands, this movement should be a trigger for the stimulator.

The problem is that I cannot open both programs at the same time and I cannot open one and close the other online.
NIC creates a tcp server to control it through Lan, I did a unity code to get the source data from the EEG and to control the tDCS.

Do you have some method to send the EEG raw data to open Vibe using Unity ( a tcp/udp server, COM ports) and thus not use the open Vibe Acquisition? If it is possible, where can I find the format data to do it right?

jtlindgren

Re: OpenVibe and a tDCS stimulator

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Adrian, for historical design reasons, the signal acquisition in OV tends to go through the acquisition server (AS). Is the problem the server itself, or that you cannot use the neuroelectrics directly with AS because NIC reserves the device? If the latter is the case, then maybe you can use the 'Generic Raw Telnet Reader' driver in the AS to get data over tcp/ip in Unity? Sorry its a bit convoluted.

The Telnet driver format is discussed here : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9419

Cheers,
Jussi

elcinobacone

Re: OpenVibe and a tDCS stimulator

Post by elcinobacone »

Hi to all,
we are a small research group working on a BCI based application at Politecnico di Milano University. We work by the same Neuroeletrics BCI device and we would like to connect the board device with Unity 3D platform for the development of a neurofeedback application. We have reached to realize an unity control interface for Nic software but I didn't to perform data acquisition code to get the source data from EEG device. Can we help you? Can you help us?

Thanks in advance