EEG realtime data processing

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
wanamirah

EEG realtime data processing

Post by wanamirah »

Hi,

I am newbie in Openvibe. I want to do a realtime data processing via Openvibe. I have trigger which is sound and I want the EEG to be segmented based on this trigger.

Here, I have two questions.

1. Is it possible in Openvibe to segment the EEG signal based on trigger? This trigger is an external
trigger box which I connect to the laptop. I already try to display the EEG signal and trigger using
the signal display box and it works.
2. I also try using the Matlab to save the EEG signal. However, I cannot save the data as the data
keeps overwrites and only save the last data. So, is it the EEG data collected actually able to be
saved in Matlab or the EEG data only can be saved using the box available in Openvibe?

Thanks.

jtlindgren

Re: EEG realtime data processing

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello,

1. you can try to use one or more stream switch boxes to make a segmentation, or alternatively the stimulus based epoching box.

2. in the matlab script doing the saving, you need to append all the data to a single matrix during process function and then actually save it only in the uninitialize part of the script.

Happy hacking,
Jussi

wanamirah

Re: EEG realtime data processing

Post by wanamirah »

hi Jussi,

Thanks for the reply.I will try your suggestions and let u know the result here.