Installing Openvibe on a 64-bit computer (0xc000007b error)

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
Roelof

Installing Openvibe on a 64-bit computer (0xc000007b error)

Post by Roelof »

Dear all,

I am trying to get Openvibe working on my computer, which is a 64bit computer. However, it doesn't seem to work, and I hope someone can help me out here.

After installing (which works without problems), I try to follow the manual on the webite.

Starting up openvibe-acquisition-server.exe gives the following error:
Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point libintl_setlocale could not be located in the dynamic link library intl.dll.
I found this file somewhere on my computer (C://Windows/System32/ ...). I copied the file into the same directory from where the program starts to solve this error. This works, however, a new series of errors appears.
System Error
The program can't start because ( .... .dll ) is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
Each error contains another .dll file (libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll , libgdk-win32-2.0-0.dll , and like 6 more files) that is missing which I added by downloading them from this website: http://www.gtk.org/download/win32.php

After solving error after error, a final error appears.
Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
Google tells me that this error often occurs when 32-bit applications is trying to interact with 64-bit system environments. I have tried, but was unable to resolve this error...

I hope someone can help me to get OpenVibe properly installed on my computer!

Thanks in advance,
Roelof

gserrier

Re: Installing Openvibe on a 64-bit computer (0xc000007b err

Post by gserrier »

Hi,

Have you tried to launch the .cmd instead of the .exe?

Guillaume

Roelof

Post by Roelof »

Hi gserrier,

Thanks for your response.

Yes I have tried that. It gives the first error. (intl.dll missing)

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

The lib you mention is under dependencies/gtk/, and the .cmd is supposed to set everything so that these dependencies are taken from under the dependencies/ folder. However, other installations of gtk, for example, can sometimes interfere with this.

On Windows, you can use a tool called dependency walker to find out where openvibe is trying to get the different libs from.

Cheers,
Jussi

Roelof

Post by Roelof »

Hi Jussi,

Thanks for your help. I've run depency walker to see what went wrong. Indeed the dependencies are not loaded in from c://openvibe/dependencies. Instead, it tries to find them in the c://openvibe/bin directory.

I've looked into the .cmd file openvibe-set-env.cmd which seems to provide the right directories for these .dll files:

SET OGRE_HOME=C:\openvibe\dependencies\ogre
SET VRPNROOT=C:\openvibe\dependencies\vrpn

SET PATH=C:\openvibe\dependencies\lua\lib;%PATH%
SET PATH=C:\openvibe\dependencies\itpp\bin;%PATH%
SET PATH=C:\openvibe\dependencies\expat\bin;%PATH%
SET PATH=C:\openvibe\dependencies\glfw\lib\;%PATH%
SET PATH=C:\openvibe\dependencies\gtk\bin;%PATH%
SET PATH=C:\openvibe\dependencies\inpout32\lib;%PATH%
SET PATH=C:\openvibe\dependencies\itpp\bin;%PATH%
SET PATH=C:\openvibe\dependencies\cegui\bin;%PATH%
SET PATH=%OGRE_HOME%\bin\release;%OGRE_HOME%\bin\debug;%PATH%
SET PATH=%VRPNROOT%\bin;%PATH%
SET PATH=C:\openvibe\dependencies\pthreads\lib;%PATH%
SET PATH=C:\openvibe\dependencies\presage\lib;%PATH%
SET PATH=C:\openvibe\dependencies\openal\libs\Win32;%PATH%
SET PATH=C:\openvibe\dependencies\freealut\lib;%PATH%
SET PATH=C:\openvibe\dependencies\libvorbis\win32\bin\release;%PATH%
SET PATH=C:\openvibe\dependencies\libogg\win32\bin\release\;%PATH%
SET PATH=C:\openvibe\dependencies\liblsl\lib\;%PATH%
SET PATH=C:\openvibe\dependencies\enobio3g\MSVC\;%PATH%

When I added all these directories in dependency walker, the errors reduced but some remained.

In the end I'm missing the following .dll files:

MSVCR80.DLL (some MS visuals C++ file?)
DCOMP.DLL
EDK.DLL
IESHIMS.DLL
and a bunch of .DLL files named: API-MS-WIN-.......DLL

The program seems to be searching for these files in the same directory (C://openvibe/bin).

Any ideas on how to fix this?

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Some of the DLLs might be asked for even if they're not needed for running, for example it can't find dcomp.dll on my computer either. However, msvcr80.dll is related to an old version of visual studio, and neither openvibe or its dependencies should be asking for it. For me, depends.exe does not mention this file. It should be loading msvcr100.dll, among others.

Cheers,
Jussi

Roelof

Post by Roelof »

Still can't get it working...

Reïnstalled Microsoft Visuals C++ 2010 redistributable. Didn't work.

The missing .dll files is still not fixed. Depends.exe tells me it tries to find them in c:/openvibe/bin while they are in c:/openvibe/dependencies. The openvibe-set-env.cmd file learns me that the right directories are presented. The script of openvibe-acquisition-server learns me that the openvibe-set-env.cmd file is found (because otherwise I would see an error message). Any ideas how I can fix this problem?

Hopefully you are right about not needing the other missing .dll files because that would at least reduce the problem.

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

One potential problem can be due to what is in the PATH before the openvibe .cmd adds its own stuff. For example, if the path includes some version of gtk *before* the dependencies\ one, this might cause interference. You can try to look if any files such as those needed from dependencies\ are actually loaded from somewhere else, but this is a rather tedious. Alternatively, you can try the following in the command prompt,

Code: Select all

cd C:\openvibe
SET PATH=
openvibe-designer.cmd
This should clear the previous path before appending the new stuff. I just tried it now and it seemed to work, but not sure if it works in general. Could be worth a try.

Hope this helps,
Jussi