Classify data which comes from BCI2000 Motor Imagery task

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
fgrosselin

Classify data which comes from BCI2000 Motor Imagery task

Post by fgrosselin »

Dear all,

I am a beginner with OpenVIBE and I want to use the motor-imagery-bci-2-classifier-trainer.xml scenario to train a classifier of data I acquired with a motor imagery task from BCI2000. So instead of using "Generic stream reader", I would like to use the unstable module BCI2000 File reader. However, "state" is a signal type and not stimulations type. And to use the motor-imagery-bci-2-classifier-trainer.xml scenario I should have state [stimulations].

So I searched on the web and I found the “BCI2000 to OpenVIBE Boxes + scenarios + Samples” contribution to convert state [signal] into state [stimulations]. However, when I try to dowload it, I have this message :
“Invalid or Deleted File.
The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.”

So, I have three questions about it:
First, do you think it is possible to classify and train the classifier of data I acquired with a motor imagery task from BCI2000 ?
Second, the BCI2000 File reader is marked like "unstable", but does it stable for what I want to do?
Third, where could I download the “BCI2000 to OpenVIBE Boxes + scenarios + Samples" contribution?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Fanny

jtlindgren

Re: Classify data which comes from BCI2000 Motor Imagery tas

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello,

I'm afraid we're not storing the community contributions that are on the community site, its the responsibility of the contributor. Also, the contribution is so old that it might not work with the current OpenViBE.

I understand that turning signals into stimulations would be an useful feature, but we don't presently have such a box.

Perhaps you could try to find if there's for example a BCI2000 to GDF converter available somewhere, and then load the GDF to Openvibe. Or BCI2000 to CSV. You probably also need to customize the scenario to work with the exact stimuli your stream has. It could be that the timeline is somehow different than what is produced by our 'graz stimulator' script and the scenario needs to be adapted to reflect this.

About unstable, its described in the FAQ.

Good luck,
Jussi