Statistical Analysis in OpenVibe

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
LeeFX

Statistical Analysis in OpenVibe

Post by LeeFX »

Hello,

is it possible to do statistical analysis with openvibe with the Univariate Statistics Box, like Regression Analysis, t-test, ANOVA?

Or am I getting this wrong? Maybe OpenVibes Classifier usage is more like getting better conclusions and results out of continuous data and
classical statistics is obsolete in some way.

:)
L.

jtlindgren

Re: Statistical Analysis in OpenVibe

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Lee,

these basic statistical tests are not presently in OpenViBE. What people usually do is that they
export the results to some file (e.g. CSV) and perform the analysis somewhere else, like
R or Matlab.

It'd be interesting to know how often such tools are needed, in what workflow, and whether it
would make sense to have some very basic versions available right in OpenViBE. But unless
somebody starts contributing such boxes like mad, we really don't have resources to
start implementing them with anywhere near the diversity and quality as they are provided
by the aforementioned well-established platforms.

Cheers,
Jussi

LeeFX

Re: Statistical Analysis in OpenVibe

Post by LeeFX »

I dunno, the direction where openvibe could go to is to provide some real-time or on-line statistics like real-time confidence intervals?! I dunno. I might need to send information from openvibe to matlab I guess.