Trouble with Olimex EEG-SMT

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
riccardo caspani

Trouble with Olimex EEG-SMT

Post by riccardo caspani »

Hi everybody, this is my first topic and I have few questions about the Olimex EEG-SMT. First: i can't find examples of finished project with the SMT, Second: i can't understand if the device is sampling something(is necessary to have a shaved head??), Third: how it's possible the electrodes works in a so easy way..?(i'm thinking about the Emotive EPOC)
Instead of the hardware, the Open Vibe software seems very useful to me so I decided to focus on it, so I thank all the people working on it and on the forum! Thanks for the attention.

jtlindgren

Re: Trouble with Olimex EEG-SMT

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Riccardo, welcome aboard. :)

There has been some discussion of this before, the situation is still that we don't have an OpenEEG devices at Inria/Rennes to test with. Some collaborators might though.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4275

Shaved head shouldn't be necessary! From what I hear it makes EEG harder...

Cheers,
Jussi

riccardo caspani

Ok, I read it thank you. Do you think it's possible to work together on the Olimex SMT? If you any suggestion about cofiguration and operations to make SMT works on Windows I'm at your disposition to try doing something! Thank you, bye

riccardo caspani

In this topic in Olimex Forum https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=2135.0 is written that some Olimex SMT can't works with the latest driver but them works with this https://www.olimex.com/Products/_resour ... .04.06.zip
I install the driver but i couldn't reach something yet. Regards

riccardo caspani

OK the Olimex SMT works on Windows XP 32 bit...!

gderou

Post by gderou »

Hi Riccardo,

I would like to try Olimex-SMT device, but I would rather have some feedback before buying it.
What kind of electrodes are you using ? Do they require any gel ?
I would rather have dry electrodes, but I don't know where to buy / how to build them.

Olimex is also selling electrodes, are they dry or wet ? (I will try to get an answer from them too).

Are you happy with you Olimex setup ?

Regards,

Guillaume