Question abut Vrpn Client

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
alex369

Question abut Vrpn Client

Post by alex369 »

Dear all..

Now i am trying to use Openvibe to store EEG signal from an experiment. The experiment is conducted by another software, so i want to synchronize the timing with OpenVibe. What i want to do is to use a Vrpn server in the experiment software to send stimulation as Button's state such that openvibe can receive them and mark the stimulation on the GDF recording or whatever file format it can be.

Since i need to send more than one stimulation, say, i need to send start recording, stop recording, stimulation onset etc..
But the Vrpn Button Client in openvibe can only receive one button's signal. How can i add the button number in the openvibe? Do i need to re-program the Button client in the openvibe?

Thank you.

jlegeny

Re: Question abut Vrpn Client

Post by jlegeny »

Hello,

the VRPN Button Client can actually have multiple buttons. In order to add a new button you have to right click the box, choose modify outputs from the menu and then click on new.

Cheers

alex369

Post by alex369 »

jlegeny wrote:Hello,

the VRPN Button Client can actually have multiple buttons. In order to add a new button you have to right click the box, choose modify outputs from the menu and then click on new.

Cheers
Thank you very much... I found out that i can add button, but the GDF file writer only can take one stimulation inputs. How can i add multiple stimulations into that one box?

Regards

jlegeny

Post by jlegeny »

You can combine several stimulation inputs by using Stimulation Multiplexer box. In the same way as with the VRPN Button, you can add as many entries as you wish. They will be merged into one stream.

Cheers
-J

alex369

Post by alex369 »

jlegeny wrote:You can combine several stimulation inputs by using Stimulation Multiplexer box. In the same way as with the VRPN Button, you can add as many entries as you wish. They will be merged into one stream.

Cheers
-J
Hi,,

sorry to bother again...
Can u tell me where the Stimulation Multiplexer box is?
I can not find it in either download version or my complied version of Openvibe.. did i miss something in openvibe?

Regards
Wang Yubo

jlegeny

Post by jlegeny »

Hello,

which version of OpenViBE are you using? The box itself is in Streaming -> Stimulation multiplexer.

In 0.13.0 we have introduced a search field which you can use to quickly find any box. You can press Ctrl+F as well to focus it instantly, it will filter the list of boxes and will display only the boxes that match the name.

Cheers
Jozef