VRPN Tutorial problem

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
s.ri08

VRPN Tutorial problem

Post by s.ri08 »

I am having problems compiling (using visual studio) the C++client program which is included in "VRPN Tutorial : Sending data from OpenViBE to an external application" tutorial. I do not know how to include all the header files as part of a new project in VS2010.

The error i get when i try to build a project containing vrpnclient.cpp, vrpn_Button.h, vrpn_Analog.h

vrpnClient.obj: error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: _thiscall vrpn_Analog_Remote::vrpn_Analog_Remote(char const * ... ) ..
vrpnClient.obj: error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: _thiscall vrpn_Button_Remote::vrpn_Button_Remote(char const * ... ) ..
fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

Thanks.

jlegeny

Re: VRPN Tutorial problem

Post by jlegeny »

Hello s.ri08

in Windows, in order to include the VRPN library you have to do two things :

Right click the project in the solution explorer and go to properties -> configuration properties -> VC++ directories. There you have to set the include directory to the vrpn includes folder (openvibe/dependencies/vrpn/includes) and the library directories to (openvibe/dependencies/vrpn/lib).

Afterwards, in the same menu in Linker -> Input you have to add "vrpn.lib" to the list of dependencies.

With these settings everything should compile just OK

Best
Jozef

fouadchouag

Post by fouadchouag »

yes, i have the same problem, but now it works.... thanks to legnay...

wuwu622

Post by wuwu622 »

Hi guys,

I am experiencing a similar problem while running the demo code and I also get those 2 errors when compiling.

For me the issue is that I can't include the VRPN library in visual studio because my openvibe/dependencies/vrpn/ folder is empty aside for a single bin folder.

How can i get these dependency files?

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

hi wuwu622,

The VRPN folder should definitely contain some file (lib, bin and include folders).
The easiest way to get it back is to re-install the dependencies by executing win32-instal_dependencies.exe in scripts once again (reinstall all dependencies and not only VRPN).

For your information, this dependency installer downloads the archives in dependencies/arch. For VRPN, you should have
- vrpn-7.26-runtime.zip
- vrpn-7.26-vs100-dev.zip

Hope this helps...

Laurent-
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

wuwu622

Post by wuwu622 »

Thanks for the reply,

I followed your steps and ran the win32-install file to re-install dependencies. However, after the installation my VRPN folder still lacks the dependency files you mentioned (include, lib). The only folder present is a bin folder with vrpn_print_devices.exe in it.

also my depencencies/arch directory does not contain vrpn-7.26-vs100-dev.zip, only vrpn-7.26-runtime.

I installed openViBE with the windows executable installer, should I compile the source code instead?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

Hi,

Yes you should download the source code version to have the development libraries for VRPN.
With the windows installer version, only the runtime are given (to have a lighter installer).

The dependencies installer in the source package install every dev libs of the dependencies.
You will have to build the platform then.

Laurent
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !