source code of boxes

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
farsun

source code of boxes

Post by farsun »

Hi

i am new to OpenVibe. i want to use it for my research on P300.

I have two questions

1) Source Codes of boxes are available to us for modification or not. Means if we need to modify the functioning of some box how can we do that?

2) If we need to send classification results(Predicted character) to some other application like matlab. how can we do this?

Thanks

ddvlamin

Re: source code of boxes

Post by ddvlamin »

Hi,
farsun wrote: 1) Source Codes of boxes are available to us for modification or not. Means if we need to modify the functioning of some box how can we do that?
Yup, this is indeed possible. You can find most information here For building and downloading, see the corresponding section on "Source code handling" --> build and svn instructions
For writing you own algorithms and boxes you can read the tutorial on that same web page in the section "Box plugins"
farsun wrote: 2) If we need to send classification results(Predicted character) to some other application like matlab. how can we do this?
There is also a box that can handle communication with matlab. You can find more information about that here

Best regards,
Dieter

farsun

Post by farsun »

Thank you for guidance.

"Matlab filter" is nice and can help me alot.

but i need to modify its inputs and outputs. it has two inputs and outputs that are Streamed matrix and stimulations.
how can I add more inputs to this box?

lbonnet
Site Admin

Post by lbonnet »

Hi farsun,

The Matlab Filter is still marked as "unstable", due to some limitations.
One of them is the current input/output structure, limited to streamed matrix and stimulations.
We plan to rework this box in the future roadmap, but I can't be more precise about when and how.
Anyway, it could be a very nice contribution for the community !

If you want to modify the box by adding more input and output yourself, you will need to patch the source code of the box.
The code can be found in openvibe-plugins/matlab/trunc/src/box-algorithms/tools.

I don't know how familiar you are with C++ in general and OpenViBE development in particular, but this task may not be easy for the new comer.
The developer tutorials can help you on this task.

Laurent
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !