Arduino serial port

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
Smec

Arduino serial port

Post by Smec »

Hi,

We've been working on a project to make an EEG/BCI machine, and we've choosen the arduino board fo the communication (i didnt really have a better idea, how to connect the TI's ads1298 chip to the computer :) ).
I'm a bit confused about the driver creation part, is it really that simeple to copy the right parts from here: http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Interfacing/CPPWindows into the relevant parts of the ccp file (made by the skeleton generator)? Or am I missing out some important information?

Antal Martinecz

Amélie

Re: Arduino serial port

Post by Amélie »

Hello,

I worked with an arduino board for its digital outputs, maybe I can help you.
I am not sure to understand what you want to do :
do you want to acquire data from the arduino board in an openvibe-driver ?
If yes, did you already program the arduino board so that it acquires data and send them through the serial port ?

Amélie

Smec

Post by Smec »

Hi,

Yes, that's what i want to do.
Theoretically yes we,'ve already programmed the arduino board, though we havent had the opportunity to test it yet (we've had problems with the A/D converter) - i dont think that we got it right on the first try :).

Anti

luighi

Post by luighi »

hello, I know it is a very old post but I am interested in this discussion .
In particular, my question is: Is it possible to use Arduino Due instead of EEG-DIGITAL-ASM of opeenEEG project?
I have already an idea to modify the analog board but, is the openEEG firmware portable on the Arduino due? and how? [I would to use OpenVibe like neurofeedback software, obviously ]

thank you

chipaudette

Post by chipaudette »

I'm currently trying to pump data from an Arduino into OpenViBE, too. In the Arduino, I format my data according to the OpenEEG P2 standard and send it out over USB to my PC (Win7, 64-bit) running OpenViBE. I configure OpenViBE to use the OpenEEG/ModularEEG driver. Unfortuantely, I can't seem to get it to work.

OpenViBE claims that it never gets any data at all...even though when I use a terminal program, the bytes come in just fine and they seem to be formatted correctly.

There are two possible difference that might be causing the problem: (1) my Arduino is creating data packets at 250 Hz instead of OpenEEG's rate of 256 Hz, (2) being an Arduino, it resets and restarts when OpenViBE first connects whereas OpenEEG just keeps chugging along without restarting...maybe the Arduino's restart is causing a timing problem.

Has anyone else had success getting an Arduino to push data into OpenViBE via the OpenEEG driver?

Chip

kb12592

Post by kb12592 »

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone managed to solve this problem, and send data from arduino to openvibe using openEEG?