Problem with Generic stream writer (motor imagery)

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
Max Mah

Problem with Generic stream writer (motor imagery)

Post by Max Mah »

Hello OpenViBE staff,

I have got a problem when I wanted to use the scenario: motor-imagery-bci-1-acquisition. I have done the trainer with the 2 arrows and it lasted 7 minutes and 50 seconds but I could not see the recorded file in the scenario folder. When I looked at the console, it was written that the problem was from the Generic stream writer (see attached file for a screenshot).

I use Windows 7 32 bits and I use a Neurosky Mindwave Mobile as a headset and it is working with OpenViBE. I know it is not a really good headset for motor imagery as there is only one sensor on the forehead but I use EMG (like blinking) to distinguish the left and the right.

Can you help me please?

Another question: What suits the best for the Neurosky Mindwave Mobile: motor-imagery or motor-imagery-CSP? I do not really know the difference.

Regards

toncho11

Re: Problem with Generic stream writer (motor imagery)

Post by toncho11 »

Probably the default paths to the file are wrong.
Try double-clicking the reader and changing the path to the real location of the file.
There were some recent changes in paths in OpenVibe and maybe that one is currently wrong.

jtlindgren

Re: Problem with Generic stream writer (motor imagery)

Post by jtlindgren »

Hi Max Mah & toncho,

By default 0.16.0 scenarios write to the folder where the scenario is loaded from. On Windows, as you can't write to Program Files (x86) without administrator rights, you should first copy the scenario folder somewhere where you have write access. Also, its best to check that the subsequent scenarios use the same paths for the files. At the moment the scenario stages do *not* load the stored file by the earlier stage, but the example file distributed with OpenViBE. This is to allow the scenarios to be tried without having acquisition devices.

We are currently thinking of ways to make this more intuitive and comfortable for users.

About NeuroSky and CSP: CSP expects several electrodes in order to do spatial processing of the EEG data, the Neurosky device does not have these. So the two are not compatible.

Happy hacking,
Jussi