High pass filter to has the same data like in EPOC

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
mariusz.gomse

High pass filter to has the same data like in EPOC

Post by mariusz.gomse »

Hello,

First of all I'm here new (just registered) so hello all! :)
Second - I'm quite new in BCI and neuroscience, so forgive me if I'll ask stupid questions.
Third - I'm quite new in OpenViBE :)

Fourth is my task:

I would like to do scenario which will show me the same EEG raw data like in Emotiv TestBench app (with High-pass filter checkbox checked).

What I made already ?:
acquisition client -> Temporal filter - GPL -> Signal Display

Where is the problem in my opinion ?:
I don't know how to set Temporal filter options correctly. I know that there should be high-pass filter, but what with Loc cut frequency and high cut frequency

The main goal: Run Emotiv TestBench, Run OpenViBE scenario, show only AF3 channel on both, blink, and see a peak.

What do you think about it ?

BR,
Mariusz

jtlindgren

Re: High pass filter to has the same data like in EPOC

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello Mariusz,

unfortunately the parameter names of the temporal filter can not change depending on which filter type you select. However, the parameter meaning can change. Please see the documentation here:

http://openvibe.inria.fr/documentation/ ... erGPL.html

To test the parameters, you can use some signal generator to create noise data and then process it with the filter. Next, you can visualize the post-filtering Fourier power spectrum to see if the result looks like what you'd expect (i.e. with high-pass filtering, you should primarily see frequencies above the freq threshold you set).

Good luck,
Jussi