Neurosky Mindwave Mobile not showing up on list

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
Federico

Neurosky Mindwave Mobile not showing up on list

Post by Federico »

Hello everyone! I recently bought a Mindwave Mobile headset from Neurosky, and decided to use OpenViBE to test a few things. Unfortunately the latest built version of OpenViBE does not appear to support Mindwave Mobile, so after compiling the latest revision of OpenViBE (3682) I stumbled upon another problem...

The problem is that the Mindwave Mobile isn't part of the list of the devices that can be connected to when I start the acquisition server... and it is my understanding that Mindwave Mobile IS supported after rev 3590, sadly, I can't see it on the menu after compiling the latest revision :(

I hope I'm simply missing something during the building process... or perhaps I require to have the ThinkGear.dll somewhere... I'm not sure, maybe the devs can help me :)

Thank you! By the way this is an amazing program you guys wrote! (I've watched some videos)

Regards,
Federico 8)

toncho11

Re: Neurosky Mindwave Mobile not showing up on list

Post by toncho11 »

Hi,

Usually you need some libraries that come with the manufacturer to be installed on your computer. If OpenVibe build system does not detect these then it simply skips this driver - the build does not stop.

I just checked. You need the ThinkGear API available in one the folders below:

"C:/Program Files/MindSet Development Tools/tgcd/win32"
${OV_CUSTOM_DEPENDENCIES_PATH})
"C:/Program Files/MindSet Development Tools/ThinkGear Communications Driver/win32"
"C:/Program Files (x86)/MindSet Development Tools/ThinkGear Communications Driver/win32"

and yes "thinkgear.dll" in it.

So just installing the API will probably do the job.

Federico

Post by Federico »

Okay, Thank you very much! I will look into it =)

Edit:
Worked like a charm! Now I'm off to looking at EEG signals and learn how to interpret them. I'm a real noob, but I love to learn!

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

toncho11 wrote:Hi,

Usually you need some libraries that come with the manufacturer to be installed on your computer. If OpenVibe build system does not detect these then it simply skips this driver - the build does not stop.
Might be a good idea from us to add a kind of neat summary after the cmake stage of what components it was actually able to find. I'll add it to our (endless) wish list...

AnnaC

Post by AnnaC »

Hi - I am looking at doing EEG research, I was wondering if either of you might be able to help me install the API . .. if not, no worries!! Thanks Anna

Dash

Post by Dash »

AnnaC wrote:Hi - I am looking at doing EEG research, I was wondering if either of you might be able to help me install the API . .. if not, no worries!! Thanks Anna
Hi, Anna!

I've also just started doing EEG research so I think we're in the same boat. Since this is an old thread (2013), it's unlikely you'll get responses from the above users.

However, I think I might be able to help you regarding installing the API. You'll first need to install ThinkGear Connector. After installation, launch the program (once you do that, it'll be running in the background).

Now, you should be able to run OpenViBE Aquisition Server, select "NeuroSky MindSet" from the Driver drop-down and connect if with your MindWave Mobile headset.

If you have any further queries, do let me know. :)

Thibaut

Post by Thibaut »

For the driver APIs, see the manufacturer directly.
For OpenViBE, you have this link : http://openvibe.inria.fr/build-instructions/
If you do not intend to write new boxes and you are on windows you have the precompiled version of openvibe that installs as a standard software :http://openvibe.inria.fr/pub/bin/win32/ ... -setup.exe

AnnaC

Post by AnnaC »

Thanks so much - I am still not able to use the MindWave Mobile 2 - any further suggestions? I appreciate it! Anna