Sending data from an external application

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
rubai

Sending data from an external application

Post by rubai »

Recently I have been trying to find a way to send data from an external application to OpenVibe. I have unsuccessfully tried a number of different examples available on the web, but have settled on the example given in the tutorials. Now I am having trouble compiling the example program provided in the tutorial. I getting four errors, similar to the one below, when using both MinGW and Visual Studio to compile the program.
Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class vrpn_Connection * __cdecl vrpn_create_server_connection(char const *,char const *,char const *)" (?vrpn_create_server_connection@@YAPAVvrpn_Connection@@PBD00@Z) referenced in function "class vrpn_Connection * __cdecl vrpn_create_server_connection(int,char const *,char const *,char const *)" (?vrpn_create_server_connection@@YAPAVvrpn_Connection@@HPBD00@Z) C:\Users\rubai\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\Project1\Project1\win32-vrpn_main.obj Project1
Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this error? Also, if anyone else has any other methods for sending data to OpenVibe and would like to share them I would be interested in seeing them too, especially if it uses C#.

jlegeny

Re: Sending data from an external application

Post by jlegeny »

Hello rubai,

in order to use the VRPN connection class you will have to link your application to the vrpn.lib library. The library is located inside dependencies/vrpn/lib folder.

Cheers
Jozef