device for theta/beta wave detection.

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
h3llo

device for theta/beta wave detection.

Post by h3llo »

Hello.

First of all, Thank You very much for all information. OpenVIBE's forum had been extremely helpful to me. ...and I'm posting this from Asia. so my English can be messy. sorry about that.

Anyway. Because of insomnia, I am interested in theta/beta wave training. not looking for p300 or complex function or research purpose device, just looking for accurate theta/beta-wave EEG detecting system for my neurofeedback training(recommended by medical doctor).

I've been searching for customer EEG hardware, and found that Neurosky / Mindflex / Emotiv EPOC might work for my purpose. and was considering above options seriously, but found out that Mindflex was accused of hoax by famed neuro-scientist John Dylan Hayens, and that Neurosky was using the same chip. also found some information about Emotiv EPOC in these forum that they have 1/1000 of impedance value, so that their raw data cannot be trusted.

So my question is, (1)Is above listed information accurate? (2)Can I get some advice for theta/beat wave detection device?

Thanks for reading my post and wish best for OpenVIBErs,
h3llo.