Android and openvibe.

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
Rapten

Android and openvibe.

Post by Rapten »

Hi,
i'm new to BCI and working on a project that detect mood and feeds it in a music player.. i'm new and learning about openvibe, it's cool and easy to understand. but i was wondering if there's any way of making ans application in Android and use openvibe to do operation.. basically it would using openvibe in Android. FYI i'm using an emotiv headset.

Thanks in advance.. :)

lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: Android and openvibe.

Post by lbonnet »

Hi Rapten and welcome on board !

The idea sounds very good !
Basically, openvibe is a software written in C++. I assume what you want to do would require to port it on Android OS.
You will need an acquisition server running in background to acquire data from the Emotiv Headset, which raise the question of the Emotiv SDK itself... is it compatible with Android ?
Some iPhone applications have already been developed, so why not an Android app ?

I personally don't have strong experience with any smartphone programming, so I'm afraid I won't be helpful on that part :?

Anyone else ? :D

Laurent-
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

Rapten

Post by Rapten »

ya and can open vibe connect directly to the emotiv headset ?? i mean without requiring emotiv's SDK... can the acquisition server do that on real time..?? :)

jlegeny

Post by jlegeny »

Hello Rapten,

Emotiv does not allow third party drivers to be redistributed, thus it is impossible to connect OpenViBE with the headset directly without having at least the research edition SDK.