what type of emotiv to be used for a project?

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
bharani

what type of emotiv to be used for a project?

Post by bharani »

Hi i am currently doing my masters . I am planning to buy a emotiv headset and i dont know which should i buy . like the ordinary one or the research edition or the developer's edition ? can some one help me in deciding that please ? and i 'm currently learning to use the open vibe software but i am not good at it till now and the problem is i couldnot find any examples on my downloaded version !!! can some one help me with that too!! thank you

lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: what type of emotiv to be used for a project?

Post by lbonnet »

Hi bharani and welcome on board !

As stated in the FAQand various discussion threads on this forum, OpenViBE is compatible with Emotiv EPOC Research Edition or greater, and not with the ordinary one or developer edition.

Regarding OpenViBE, you should have a look at the User documentation section (especially designer tutorials). This documentation is maybe a bit old, but it will teach you all the basis.
You will find under share/openvibe-scenario many examples of simple processing pipelines (in box-tutorials) or more complex scenarios (in BCI).

As a closing word, I would say that even if OpenViBE provides an easy way to design and use BCI, you still have to know what's the logic behind the boxes to understand how to link them together (EEG signal acquisition, processing, classification, and so on). And for that we don't provide dedicated documentation :)

Have fun with openvibe !

Laurent
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !