Using openvibe with Emotiv

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
fabien.lotte

Re: Using openvibe with Emotiv

Post by fabien.lotte »

"Online" refers to an actual real-time BCI, which the user can use to send commands to the application and receive feedback in real-time. OpenViBE aims at designing such (online) real-time BCI.
Offline would refer to simple data analysis on your computer, without an actual user sending commands in real-time. BLiFF is basically a library of functions to do EEG analysis and calibrate classification algorithms, but it cannot be used as such to do real-time classification and feedback. As far as I understand, you want to do actual control of a robot with a BCI, which is an online and real-time application. Therefore, OpenViBE seems more suitable to your needs.
Last edited by fabien.lotte on Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

pickku

Post by pickku »

Thankyou for your explanation sir.I started using openvibe if some doubt arises I will post further.

Floriane

Post by Floriane »

Hello everybody!

Just started working with OpenVibe using Epoc headset as a BCI, and a question came up from this quote:
lbonnet wrote:
First let me remind you that you can directly record Emotiv EEG with openvibe ;)
You will find on the forum/website all information to do that.
Sorry much, but I didn't find an instructions to do that directly, w/o importing files, etc. Can you give me the link to the description, please?

Thank you in advance!

ddvlamin

Post by ddvlamin »

Hi,

I think there's some useful information in the following post: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=311&p=1797#p1797

you have to install openvibe from source: http://openvibe.inria.fr/documentation/ ... stall.html

Best regards,
Dieter Devlaminck

Floriane

Post by Floriane »

Dieter, thank you. My point is that I've built the openvibe already, and tried it with Epoc, but I didn't see a way how can I get the different bands by frequencies (e.g. that are known as alpha, delta, etc.) Are there any instruments provided or maybe some hints how can I get this information.

karthiks

Post by karthiks »

Floriane wrote:Dieter, thank you. My point is that I've built the openvibe already, and tried it with Epoc, but I didn't see a way how can I get the different bands by frequencies (e.g. that are known as alpha, delta, etc.) Are there any instruments provided or maybe some hints how can I get this information.
Let me try to understand the question correctly - You want to get data in a specific band or you want to decompose the information into different bands? You might want to take a look at the Temporal Filter - GPL.
Regards,

Karthik

Floriane

Post by Floriane »

The point is to get different bands with their frequencies and the point I'm interested in even more is to recognize which wave is where.
Last edited by Floriane on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Floriane

Post by Floriane »

I want to decompose the information into different bands. And to see the frequencies right there on same pic.

ddvlamin

Post by ddvlamin »

As karthiks said you could do it by constructing several pass-band filters in different bands and computing the variance

or maybe using some of these boxes :

Power Spectrum Display box or Time Frequency Map Display box

using this box to select the frequencies : Frequency Band Selector box and the Spectral Analysis GPL box to compute the spectrum.

Best regards,
Dieter Devlaminck

Floriane

Post by Floriane »

thank you. seems to get the idea...)