Regarding EEG Hardware

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
kazam

Regarding EEG Hardware

Post by kazam »

Hi,
I am just trying to explore development possibilities in OpenVibe.

What kind of EEG hardware is required for openVibe, or can be used.

Thanks.
kazam.

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

As stated in the FAQ (http://openvibe.inria.fr/documentation/ ... c_FAQ.html), the following hardware is currently supported :

* Mindmedia NeXus32B
* Micromed IntraEEG
* Brainamp ScalpEEG
* CTF/VSM MEG
* Brainquiry QPET9 (in progress)

We will include a g.Tec driver soon.

ChangeWind

Re: Regarding EEG Hardware

Post by ChangeWind »

I wonder if this question has been raised.
Is there a possibility to offer a VisualStudio Express C++ project that is self sufficient for only to develop the driver for a new EEG amplifier.

The point is that I have an EEG amplifier not listed on your list of drivers.
However, before I would like to spend time learning openVIBE, I like to see if I could manage to write the driver.

Is there a possibility to offer this project (in e.g Zip) that is self succient and a simple testing application to check the compatibility with OpenVIBE?

Thank you

CW.

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear ChangeWind,

welcome on this board and thank you for your interest in OpenViBE...

Unfortunately, the acquisition server is part of the OpenViBE platform. It relies on the kernel that relies itself on several plugins to do its work. So I fear this would not be possible to give you a small visual studio project only for the Acquition server part. However, writing a new driver for OpenViBE is fairly well documented and should not be difficult for any person familiar with C++. Look at the tutorial for more details.

You should also have a look to the FAQ page because your driver may exist now. What hardware do you plan to write a driver for ?

I hope this helps,
Yann

ega

Re: Brainquiry QPET 9

Post by ega »

Dear OpenVibe community,

As stated in the below Reply to the Name of Drivers supported by OpenVibe:

yrenard wrote:As stated in the FAQ (http://openvibe.inria.fr/documentation/ ... c_FAQ.html), the following hardware is currently supported :

* Mindmedia NeXus32B
* Micromed IntraEEG
* Brainamp ScalpEEG
* CTF/VSM MEG
* Brainquiry QPET9 (in progress)

We will include a g.Tec driver soon.
------
I was wondering if the Brainquiry QPET9 driver is available and if it is, from where I can download it?
I have the latest version of OpenVibe but I did not find in the the supported driver's list.

Thanks in advance for your kind support.

Eliana

Kilo_17SSK

Post by Kilo_17SSK »

Hello,

I wanted to know ,where can I find an updated list of the compatible EEG hardware? The one in this thread is from 2009, and the FAQ link is broken... My colleagues and I are working on the idea of a game in which you'd control a combat aircraft with your brain (like in the movie Firefox, if you have seen it) and we're looking for some kit to start the feasibility tests.