Tobi Signal server and g.usbamp and g.mobilab

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
toncho11

Tobi Signal server and g.usbamp and g.mobilab

Post by toncho11 »

Hello,

I have created an experimental TobiA driver for OpenVibe, which is currently usable.
I have a version that works with version 2.0 of the Tobi Signal server (TOD), new protocol option enabled.

TOBI Interface A (TiA):

TiA describes a standardized interface to transmit raw biosignals and data from various assistive devices. Data distribution can be done either using TCP or UDP data transmission. Implementation was done using C++, packages are available for Debian based systems (32bit and 64 bit), Microsoft Windows Xp and Windows 7 (only 32 bit).

TOBI Signal Server:

The TOBI signal server describes a program using TiA to acquire and distribute raw biosignals. Implementation was done using C++, static and shared library packages are available for Debian based systems (32bit and 64 bit), Microsoft Windows Xp and Windows 7.

Benefits:
Users of Tobi Signal server (TOD) can now utilize OpenVibe for DSP and BCI.
Users of OpenVibe will benefit from the range of devices supported by TOD. For example g.mobilab is supported on Windows compared to OpenVibe's acquisition server.

It will be released on http://code.google.com/p/openvibe-gipsa ... loads/list. Code is currently available in our svn repository.

-Anton
Last edited by toncho11 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: Tobi Signal server and g.usbamp and g.mobilab

Post by lbonnet »

Thanks Anton for this new contribution !
The outcomes of the Tobi project are quite impressive, such Tobi-OV interconnection could provide nice mutual benefits.

L-
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !

toncho11

Re: Tobi Signal server and g.usbamp and g.mobilab

Post by toncho11 »

I have previously erroneously concluded that g.usbamp is supported on Linux by the Tobi Signal server.

It is not.