ModularEEg Driver

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
Lorena

ModularEEg Driver

Post by Lorena »

Hello all,

I have installed openvibe 0.14.0 version and I am having troubles connecting the ModularEEG device. I suspect the driver for that device is not installed, where can I check this? In which folder do I find the different drivers' files?

Thank you!

Lorena

yrenard
Site Admin

Re: ModularEEg Driver

Post by yrenard »

Dear Lorena,

the OpenEEG driver is built in the standard installation of OpenViBE under the name OpenEEG Modular EEG P2. It uses the P2 protocol so if your device/firmware uses the P3 protocol, it may not be compatible. Be sure to double chek the COM port used by your device to set it up properly in the driver configuration dialog.

In case you want to read the source code, go in openvibe-applications/acquisition-server/trunc/src/openeeg-modulareeg folder

Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Yann

Lorena

Post by Lorena »

Thanks Yann,

I am using the P2 protocol and I always check the COM port I am using. But I can´t find the driver under that name in the in installation folder Program files/openvibe. I could find the driver´s source code, but I would like to know where is the file corresponding to the installed driver. Exactly in which folder can I find it?

I see a series of .dll files in openvibe/bin folder for the other recording devices supported (such as MitsarDll.dll or NeXusDLL.dll, for example), but not for the ModEEG, so that´s why I suspect there´s something missing for the ModEEG.

Lorena

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear Lorena,

indeed, the OpenEEG driver does not have a dedicated DLL file. Its code is statically linked with the acquisition server application.

Can you see the driver in the acquisition server combo box as shown on this screenshot ?

Regards,
Yann

Lorena

Post by Lorena »

Dear Yann,

Thanks for the quick answer. I can see the ModularEEG driver in the aqcuisition combo box actually. So the driver is installed and my suspicion was wrong.

Thank you again!

Regards,

Lorena