open vibe on android

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
geekthoughts

open vibe on android

Post by geekthoughts »

Hi everyone, I am android application developer as well as wanted to port OPENVIBE on android system.
Is there any way to do this on a standard android tablet .
In case of linux , the build process is available for Ubuntu (X86). In same way android is also based on linux but difference is android follows ARM architecture while ubuntu follows X86.
So please suggest me any way to use openvibe on android hand hold device so that a laptop will not be required for process the incoming signals from any EEG device like emotive emoke.

jlegeny

Re: open vibe on android

Post by jlegeny »

Hello,

currently OpenViBE is written and supported on x86 and amd64 Linux and Windows builds. There is no version of OpenViBE for ARM architecture and Android OS. Moreover, we depend on proprietary libraries for most of the drivers, in particular the Emotiv EPOC headset.

Whereas there should be no problem with porting the core OpenViBE code to Android, porting its dependencies would definitely be an issue (I do not know if Android versions of Ogre or Gtk exist). As for the acquisition server, only the drivers with support for Android from their manufacturers would be available (I am not aware of any).

Regards
Jozef

geekthoughts

Post by geekthoughts »

thnx buddy...

krisp

Post by krisp »

With that in mind, what are people using to record eeg data on Android?