New Build of open vibe soon?

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
Louis

New Build of open vibe soon?

Post by Louis »

Hello all,
this is my first post here and I am very enthusiast by this software, and maybe with your help I will be able to use it.

The problem is the acquisition server does not connect to my Neuosky Mindwave Mobile. The message is:
Connection available on port COM9 -- STATUS: FAILED (0 bytes on the stream)
It see something because if the headset switch is at "off" the server stop scanning at com4.

It doesn't mater I thought, with this nice application https://github.com/ericblue/MindStream that grab the output of the Mindwave Mobile and save it in a file (in .csv format) I will be able to read the file by using the csv file reader box (http://openvibe.inria.fr/documentation/ ... eader.html) and display the waves. No luck! This box is not include in the the version 0.14.2 which is the latest to date.

I am not a developer but since the instructions was very clear I decided to download the sources and all the needed stuff and build them. I think It goes very far in the compilation but it stop somewhere (not sure if it's pertinent but I have included the output results).

So I guess I just have to wait for the next version of Open Vibe but if any of you have an idea to help me to make this software run I will appreciate your input,
Thanks a lot,

Louis
Attachments
BuildNoLuck.txt
Résultat de la compilation
(60.86 KiB) Downloaded 228 times

Louis

Re: New Build of open vibe soon?

Post by Louis »

I should have read a bit more :oops: .
Designer_ShowUnstable = True must be set to get the .csv file reader.
I will give it a try but but if someone have an idea to get the MindWave Mobile work let me know (This time I have read all the post related to MindWave/ MindWave mobile and it doesnt help)

Louis

jlegeny

Post by jlegeny »

Hello Louis,

glad that you have found a temporary solution to your problem. Indeed there were several reports about the MindWave mobile not working with the current version of the driver. As we do not have the device at this moment there is not much we can do immediately.

We will keep you posted on the evolution of the driver, when it comes.

Thank you
Jozef

jtlindgren

Post by jtlindgren »

Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that since SVN r3590, MindWave Mobile should now finally work. :)

Happy hacking,
Jussi