Synchronization in OpenViBE

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
Ddesire143

Re: Synchronization in OpenViBE

Post by Ddesire143 »

Ddesire143 wrote:
jlegeny wrote:Hello Enrico

welcome to the forums.

There is indeed a box in OpenViBE used to present the images, called Display Cue Image. This box displays an image upon receiving a stimulation, you can define multiple images and map them to different input stimulations (by adding additional settings to the box via the context menu).

This box has also a stimulation output which sends stimulation at the time the images are actually displayed. This synchronization uses Gtk event and does its best to be precise, however due to the Gtk functionality we can not be 100% sure to have really precise timing.

Cheers
Jozef

Hi there
Thank you so much for replying. But can you please explain me that if I am using motor imagery lua stimulation box to send the stimulation to display multiple images, will I have to use multiple lua stimulator boxes to display multiple images. could you please explain me a bit in detail and also I tried to understand through cue image box tutorial but if I am pressing any button it does not display anything. could you please reply me as soon as possible . I will be really thankful to you.
thanks

Hello there,
I am also trying to do the same procedure for my research. I have to display multiple images while recording the eeg signal. Could you please send me the example of this kind of scenario because I am not able to understand the display cue image box. I am using motor-imagery lua script to send the stimulation
thanks

Ddesire143

Post by Ddesire143 »

Ddesire143 wrote:
jlegeny wrote:Hello Enrico

welcome to the forums.

There is indeed a box in OpenViBE used to present the images, called Display Cue Image. This box displays an image upon receiving a stimulation, you can define multiple images and map them to different input stimulations (by adding additional settings to the box via the context menu).

This box has also a stimulation output which sends stimulation at the time the images are actually displayed. This synchronization uses Gtk event and does its best to be precise, however due to the Gtk functionality we can not be 100% sure to have really precise timing.

Cheers
Jozef

hi there
Thanks for your reply. The tutorial on display cue image box was helpful in my project but I am having one more problem in the timing. I want all the pictures to be displayed for 5 seconds. Baseline goes well but it runs for longer period. if I want to display the picture for 5 seconds then which parameter of send_stimulation box should be used or if we should try with loop with which parameter. Waiting for the reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello there,
I am also trying to do the same procedure for my research. I have to display multiple images while recording the eeg signal. Could you please send me the example of this kind of scenario because I am not able to understand the display cue image box. I am using motor-imagery lua script to send the stimulation
thanks