I Only Think project presentation

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
IOnlyThink

I Only Think project presentation

Post by IOnlyThink »

To whom it may concern,

We are a group of nine students at EPITECH, a 5-year school in Information Technology (Master course) in Paris, France.
Currently in the fifth and final year, we work on our end-of-study project: I Only Think (IOT).

The purpose of this project is very simple: allow a user, for which using standard peripherals (mouse, keyboard, etc.) is difficult or impossible, to navigate on a computer.
IOT is aiming towards disabled people who can’t use a computer.

The project uses an electroencephalographic helmet (EEG) to analyse and interpret the thoughts of the user. It also uses a camera (or webcam) to emulate a cursor using the eye-tracking principle (tracking eye movements). Both technologies can be used independently or simultaneously.
IOT relies on the software “OpenViBE” for interpreting signals from the EEG helmet; therefore, it allows full compatibility with all the helmets supported by “OpenViBE”.

The project is divided into two parts:
- The Builder: A simple and ergonomic tool used to draw personalized layers for any application. These layers allow you to choose selectable and clickable areas of each application.
- The GEC (Graphical environment controller) or CEG: This is the core of the project, allowing you to navigate using the EEG helmet and/or the eye-tracking technology. The GEC is able to load the layers generated by the Builder and associate them with corresponding applications or programs. The GEC also has a standard layer which can be used with any application.

Furthermore, a Firefox/Chrome plug-in which allows intuitive browsing of web sites is currently being developed.

Finally, IOT is compatible with Windows, Linux and probably Mac OS X platforms; and, last but not least, the project is open source and will certainly be released under the GNU/GPL license.

We would eventually like to set up a community platform for layers and configurations sharing and anything related and useful to the project.

We are currently presenting our project in order to reach as many people as possible and trying to find the support of various associations and/or companies.
For now on, we rely on the support of an ergo-therapist, few associations and various doctors.

Feel free to contact us using email for any information request.

Hoping that this project will arouse your interest,
The IOT team.

Email: iot_2013@labeip.epitech.eu
I Only Think - http://eip.epitech.eu/2013/iot/
A Brain-Computer Interface System