Domain Object Model

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
miguel

Domain Object Model

Post by miguel »

Hi, everyone!

I'm developping a BCI with your libary. Actually, I'm implementing my Domain Object Model. Therefore, I didn't see in your documentation which classes
represent the model of your application. In my case it's very important to know that, because I want to develop a DAO in order to store some EEG acquisition
process. If you didn't implement any Domain Object Model, where I can find how you process the acquired EEG signals ?

Best,

miguel

yrenard
Site Admin

Re: Domain Object Model

Post by yrenard »

Dear miguel,

I'm not sure what you are looking for... I assume you want some UML diagrams of the software. There is no such resources online, however, there are a couple of high level schematics that you can get in some of our presentations. You can have a look to the BCI Meeting Tutorial slides see if you find something interesting.

If that does not answer your question, please give us more information about what you are expecting.

Yann

miguel

Post by miguel »

Dear Yann,

Thank you for your slides. They are very intresting. Concerning question I recognize that is not very easy to understand. Actually, I'm trying to define
my Domain Object Model for my BCI application. What I'm trying to find it's one class where all your processings are based. I mean does OpenViBE
define a class of kind EEG (or EEG signal) where I able to know , for example, which signal was acquire in the Cz channel. Globally, I'm
trying to understand which central entity (or class) is used by OpenViBE in order to :
1. Write an EEG on a GDF File
2. Preprocess an EEG
3. Extract feature on an EEG
4. Display an EEG in a spacial or frequential domain
An other example, when you are acquiring an EEG signal through the OpenViBE Acquisition Client : which entity are returned by this class
(I didn't see the documentation about the Acquisition Client on the Web site).

Sorry for my explanations, it's very hard to explain that on a forum. Thank you very much for your attention.

Best,

Miguel

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear Miguel,

I think I better understand what you want. The most usefull classes for manipulating data in OpenViBE are the IMatrix interface and the IStimulationSet interface. Almost all the OpenViBE streams contain those basic data. You should note that a matrix may contain signal, spectrum, features or whatever data can be stored in a multidimensional matrix...

In order to manipulate and do complex processing on matrices, developers usually use the IT++ library. Converting OpenViBE matrices to IT++ matrices is rather easy.

I hope this helps,
Best regards,
Yann

miguel

Post by miguel »

Thank you yann, it's what I was looking for !!

Best,

Miguel