Questions about project development.

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
alpha

Questions about project development.

Post by alpha »

Hi,

I discovered this project by google ^^ and i would like to know many inofrmations as possible.

1/ Nowadays, what can we do with openVibe ? Does it exist hardwares sold to use this technology ?

2/ Could we use OpenVibe for applications ?

3/ I saw many photos, peoples with helmets...it's just experiences or did anybody launch helmet's sells ? if the answer is yes, how does it cost ?

Sorry if my questions could seem to be very naive ^^

Have a nice day ! and thanks you for reading ! :mrgreen:

lbonnet
Site Admin

Re: Questions about project development.

Post by lbonnet »

Hello alpha !

Thanks for your interest ! The website of the OpenViBE project will give you most of the answers :)
The preview video shows briefly what is a BCI and what openvibe can do so far. Basically, it's a software platform for a wide range of users (doctors, neuroscientifics, BCI researchers, BCI applications developers... ), non-programmers or programmers.

Look the screenshots here for examples of applications we developed for openvibe. Just note that the VR applications (tie-fighter and handball) are openvibe-independant. Anyone can make a VR application, using Ogre3D for example.
3/ I saw many photos, peoples with helmets...it's just experiences or did anybody launch helmet's sells ? if the answer is yes, how does it cost ?
EEG helmets used to be expensive, and therefore used only for medical or research purpose in laboratory or hospital. But "cheap" solutions are coming (<500$), aiming a larger market (Emotiv EPOC, Neurosky, ...)
The OpenEEG project is a non-commercial solution if you want to make your own EEG helmet at home.

Welcome on board alpha !

Laurent-
Follow us on twitter >> openvibebci

Checkout my (old) blog for some OpenViBE tips & tricks : here !