Questions sur le motor-imagery-bci-online

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
yannick

Questions sur le motor-imagery-bci-online

Post by yannick »

Bonjour,

Je suis un utilisateur non-expérimenté sur openvibe.
J'aurais quelques questions par rapport au scénario "motor-imagery-bci-3-online.xml".
En effet, lorsque je lance le scénario l'écran reste noir (Graz visualisation).
Est ce normal? Ai-je oublié une étape?
Merci

yrenard
Site Admin

Re: Questions on the motor-imagery-bci-online

Post by yrenard »

Dear yannick,

thank you for your interest in our software and welcome on this forum. For your information, this forum is english for larger audience. I hope this is not a problem for you and that you'll be able to reply in english.

Concerning the problem you are talking about (Graz visualisation keeps being black when using the motor-imagery-bci-3-online.xml scenario), I guess you didn't run the scenario over the 40 first seconds. The 40 first seconds can be used for "baseline" computation. They reflect a "no specific mental task" state of the BCI user. Passed this 40 seconds, you'll have the stimulations.

Keep us posted if you still have problems.
Hope it helps,
Yann

yannick

Re: Questions sur le motor-imagery-bci-online

Post by yannick »

Thanks it's ok, I can speak english but it's possible that i make serveral mistakes in my sentences :-)
But i do it.
Best regards
Yannick

yannick

Post by yannick »

I have a question about the connection with openvibe.
In fact, i used motor-imagery-bci-3-online.xml and i want to know how connect the output of this scenario with a other software or a file.
For example, if i want to write in a text file "right" or "left" in relation to the user's hand movements:
If he move right hand --> "right" will be write in the text file do you understand me?
Instead of use Graz visualisation i want to write in a text file, it's possible?

yrenard
Site Admin

Post by yrenard »

Dear yannick,

there are several ways you can achieve such behavior.

The most straight forward is to put a stimulation listener box just after the classifier processor. It will print in the log file each classification. You will have to do a bit of analysis to the printed line to extract the actual stimulation name, but I guess a couple of regexp will do it !

Another method would be to use the run command to run whatever external command you want based on the output of the classifier processor. You could try something like

Code: Select all

echo "WhateverClass" >> whatever-file.txt
Tell me if you need more assistance on this.
Hope this helps,
Yann