Compatible with ModularEEG (P2 format) ???

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
bayo

Compatible with ModularEEG (P2 format) ???

Post by bayo »

It says on the website that the ModularEEG is currently being integrated in OpenVibe.
Does anyone knows if this has been accompliahed? Does OpenVibe now works with the ModualrEEG?

Also, I'm looking to use EEG signals to control a robot. I'll probably need to program a PIC micrcontroller with the EEG signal to acheive this. As of now I have modularEEG olimex boards which provide the signal through RS232 in a "P2" format. I am looking for a software that will take in the EEG signal from the modularEEG, filter and analyze it before sending it to the PIC (which will be progammed using C). Then the PIC will be programmed to use the incoming EEG signal to control the robot.

My question is:

Does OpenVibe fits the bill (as it is developed using C++ not C)? Can I use OpenVibe to do the signal processing before sending it to a PIC micro controller? I'm a bit new to this so bear with me.

Thanks
Bayo

ariandy

Re: Compatible with ModularEEG (P2 format) ???

Post by ariandy »

bayo wrote:It says on the website that the ModularEEG is currently being integrated in OpenVibe.
Does anyone knows if this has been accompliahed? Does OpenVibe now works with the ModualrEEG?

Also, I'm looking to use EEG signals to control a robot. I'll probably need to program a PIC micrcontroller with the EEG signal to acheive this. As of now I have modularEEG olimex boards which provide the signal through RS232 in a "P2" format. I am looking for a software that will take in the EEG signal from the modularEEG, filter and analyze it before sending it to the PIC (which will be progammed using C). Then the PIC will be programmed to use the incoming EEG signal to control the robot.

My question is:

Does OpenVibe fits the bill (as it is developed using C++ not C)? Can I use OpenVibe to do the signal processing before sending it to a PIC micro controller? I'm a bit new to this so bear with me.

Thanks
Bayo
OpenVibe works well with ModularEEG. I'm using it since several months ago. But for robot control, I think you can't just forward the EEG signal into PIC microcontroller because of high stream of EEG data. And I don't know if a single microcontroller could handle EEG signal precessing. CMIIW

EEG signal can be processed on a PC using algorithm to decide which state the EEG signal are in. For example state left or right on Mu Rhythm based BCI. After the states are decided then PIC can be easily ordered to turn left or right using simpler signal from processing/classification outputs.

CMIIW :mrgreen: