Visual Studio 2015 Redistributable x64

Come here to discuss about OpenViBE in general!
arellanon

Visual Studio 2015 Redistributable x64

Post by arellanon »

Hello! I am trying to install openvibe-3.2.0-64bit-setup on Windows 10 and I get this message:

Download failed: Timed out on connecting.
Check your Internet connection and your firewall settings.
Visual Studio 2015 Redistributable x64 (vc140) could not be downloaded.\n You can try to install it manually from Microsoft and then retry the OpenVIBE installer.

I install it manually but without success
https://docs.microsoft.com/es-es/cpp/wi ... w=msvc-170

help me!!

Thomas

Re: Visual Studio 2015 Redistributable x64

Post by Thomas »

Hi,

After installing it manually, can you confirm that the DLL msvc140p.dll is present in your system directory (C:\Windows\System32) ?

The presence of this DLL should stop the OpenViBE installer from trying to download msvc140.

Another thought: Did you install vc_redist with the bitness corresponding to the OpenViBE you're trying to install ?

Chhers,
Thomas

arellanon

Post by arellanon »

I try again and install well.
I don't know what the cause was. Maybe it was necessary to restart.
Thank you for your response.

joseph

Post by joseph »

Hi,
I recently had to install a fresh new windows 10 because I couldn't get python 3.7.8 installer to run and I need the python scripting box for a project.
Now that I have the right version of python installed, I cannot get OpenVibe to install because it is stuck at this step.
I tried to reinstall vc_redist.x64.exe manually and restart many times, but the installer keeps failing because of a timeout error.
I have a msvcp140.dll file in C:\Windows\System32 but no msvc140p.dll ...
Any hints ? Would it help to install a specific version of Visual Studio ?
Thanks,
Joseph

joseph

Post by joseph »

Hi again,
I finally got it to work !
In my case what fixed it was to install both 64 bit AND 32 bit vc_redists, which was not obvious and would be nice to have somewhere in the doc IMO.
The files I installed (Visual C++ Redistributables for Visual Studio 2015) can be found here : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48145
Cheers,
Joseph