OpenViBE forum

The OpenViBE community
It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:24 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:49 am 

Hello all,

just to let you know that OpenViBE 2.0 is reaching a state where it can be released. We are still ironing out remaining issues, but its starting to get there. We may not be able to do the final release before the end of July, but we might put out a prerelease or a release candidate in any case.

Here is the announcement about the expected features,

http://openvibe.inria.fr/openvibe-2-0-soon-to-appear/

If you're interested in obtaining a test version of ov 2.0 before the actual release, please email us (see ov contact page).

On the behalf of the dev team,
Jussi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:57 pm 

Hello,

Just in case the archive is not updated yet and someone has troubles to compile openvibe 2.0.0 beta on Ubuntu 16.04, instructions and a patch are available here: https://gist.github.com/jfrey-xx/34c7dd ... 47dcb14176

Also, if you are like me and want first and foremost to try those new meta-boxes (scenarios within scenarios), some hints: create you desired pipeline configure input and output in the "Scenario I/O" panel on the right, link those to the corresponding boxes by doing a right-click on them, go through "inputs" -> "1: Input A" (I'm keeping the default names here) -> "connect to 1: Input 1". Same for outputs.

Then you have at least to give a name to your scenario: aim at the "Help" menu -> "About this scenario", fill the "name" field.

Save your scenario with the ".mxb" extension ("Mensia XML Component"). Put it in one of the locations OpenViBE will be looking for meta-boxes, e.g. on Linux systems in the home folder.
Code:
~/.config/OpenVIBE/metaboxes/
(case matters). Restart OpenViBE designer, you should now see a new box in the "Boxes" list (...one with the exact same name as the one you gave to your scenario). You're set, your own box without touching a line of code!

Note that in your custom box you should avoid anything related to visualization -- at least "Signal display", on my computer it raised errors when I try to run a "meta" scenario.

Jussi, If there is already a good documentation about meta-boxes that I missed, I will edit my post to point to it in order to avoid misleading informations.

Congrats to the dev team, can't wait for the final version ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:57 pm 

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. The problems you found have been added to our todo-list.
I'll try to see if i can update the archive and/or update the download page to add these informations. I may not have enough administrative rights.

Currently the documentation about metabox isn't ready but should be finished soon.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:42 pm 

I would like to try the 2.0 BETA. However, I am getting errors when I try to build the source:

Code:
brylie@kde-neon-silver:~/BCI/openvibe-2.0.0-beta$ sudo ./build.sh
./build.sh: line 6: /home/brylie/BCI/openvibe-2.0.0-beta/dist: No such file or directory
Building sdk
ERROR: Unknown parameter
./build.sh: line 50: [: -neq: binary operator expected
Building designer
ERROR: Unknown parameter --release
./build.sh: line 58: [: -neq: binary operator expected
Building extras
ERROR: Unknown parameter
./build.sh: line 66: [: -neq: binary operator expected

Where are instructions for building the 2.0 BETA release?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:56 am 

Hi,

There is a few errors in the build.sh file for linux for OV2.0. @jfrey has made a patch and instructions to apply it/build at https://gist.github.com/jfrey-xx/34c7dd0a8aa4d73be028be47dcb14176
This should work on standard Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04

Also, as a general guideline, i would advise you to only use administrative rights when it's necessary. OpenViBE does not require them for the build process, so you can remove your call to sudo.

Cheers !